It's been a while since we've had a contest and it's been even longer since we've debuted a new product! In mid-September, we will be adding four (yes, 4) new pups to the nemu*shop -- and here's your chance to be one of the very first to own a pair!
Anpan & Nemu (niko*niko edition), Blue & Enchilada!
A couple weekends back, I hosted an activity at the Honolulu Museum of Art's Family Sunday event -- Manga Madness. The challenge? Craft your very own nemu*pup! I provided the worksheets and the kids designed their own pups, complete with costumes and names. (Check here for a few shots I took during the day!)
So, I will be asking the same for this contest!
Here's the cheat sheet I crafted to get the kids started (click the image to see the full idea sheet):
There will be two (2) sets of prizes. One will be the Judge's Choice from all entries. The second, the Popular Vote, will voted on by readers from ten (10) finalists. Each winner will receive their choice of two (2) plush pups, shipped anywhere in the world!
We will be judging entries based on creativity, not artistic ability.
How to enter:1. Download the template you'd like to use. We have them available in JPG or TIFF formats. You can use either the one with eyes or without.
2. Email your drawing (digital file, photographed or scanned versions are OK) to
pups @ nemu-nemu.com.
3. Please include the following with your entry:
+ The image files (jpg, gif, png preferred.)
+ Your name (or name you would like to be referred as)
+ The name of your pup(s)
+ Any additional notes about your character design you would to mention (including a backstory, personality, likes/dislikes, goals, etc...)
4. Deadline for submission is September 8th at noon Hawaii Time (HST).
The public voting for the Popular Vote prize will take place the following week.
Contest Rules / Requirements:This contest is open to nemu*nemu readers of all-ages! All we ask is that you follow the rules below.
1. No copyrighted characters may be used.
2. You must keep the basic shape of the pup as part of your character design. (i.e. - do not remove the ears and draw your own.) However, you may add on to the template however you like and design your own coloring and markings (i.e. spots, tattoos, freckles, clothing, accessories, etc.)
3. No more than two (2) entries per person.
So get started! Any questions -- feel free to contact us or message us below!