[Contest] Liliha Public Library's 3rd Anime Art Contest!
If you are an anime/manga artist in Hawaii, in grades 6-12 -- be sure to participate in the Liliha Library 3rd Annual Anime Art Contest!
Prizes range from Copic markers, Anime Studio Debut software, a Wacom Bamboo tablet, and much much more! First 100 entrants will receive a free instructional manga guide, provided by Sakura of America (y'know - that company that makes those drawing pens)!
Now, important stuff!
1) Deadline is December 31st! Winners will be announced on January 12, 2013!
2) Entries MUST incorporate this year's theme: "Books: Imagination at Work".
3) Entrants MUST be in grades 6 thru 12 and a resident of Hawaii.
And the nitty-gritty:
- Each student is allowed up to three (3) entries.
- Entries must be suitable for all ages. Depictions of strong violence, nudity, drug/alcohol use, smoking, etc will not be accepted for judging.
- Submissions may be hand-drawn or digital art, but must be submit to the library on white, unlined letter (8.5 x 11") sized paper. (Digital art must be printed out)
- Artwork MUST be original. Tracing, copies, or claiming someone else's artwork as your own is not acceptable.
- Tape the completed entry form securely to the back of the artwork. Contact the Liliha Public Library for the entry forms.
- Immediate family members of the HSPLS staff and employees are not eligible.
- By submitting artwork to the contest, entrants agree that Liliha Library has the right to reproduce the winning entry in any way it sees fit to promote Liliha Public Library.
- All submitted artworks will be available for pick up at Liliha Library on February 4, 2013, and must be picked up by March 1st. No attempts will be made to remind the artist regarding artwork pick up.
*** Entries must be received by Monday, December 31st. Late entries will not be accepted. ***
For more information, please call the library directly at (808) 587-7577.
The contest is sponsored by the Friends of the Liliha Public Library, Hawaiian Graphics, Kawaii Kon, Oahu Anime Explorer, Rightstuf.com, Sakura of America, and Smith Micro Software Inc.
Additionally, I will be returning as a judge for the contest. ♥ Past years, we've had some amazing entries and I hope to see many more this year!